JOIN THE COLLECTIVE
If you're a single mother in Central Ohio and interested in joining our collective, please fill out this form to be added to our waitlist.
Not a single mom but interested in supporting us? Click on the drop down below to become a volunteer, donate, or sponsor our collective.
The fight for Black lives is one of the most urgent and important movements in our communities. Motherful stands with Black mothers, grandmothers, aunts, daughters, sisters, and families protesting and mourning the life of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Casey Goodson, Jr. and countless others.
As an organization dedicated to supporting marginalized single mothers, we stand with Black mothers and families hurting because of systemic racism. The majority leadership of Motherful are Black mothers, and we commit to always centering the experiences of Black families.
For more information on Motherful and what we stand for, contact email@example.com.
Motherful is a nonprofit organization in Columbus, Ohio dedicated to supporting, empowering, and nurturing single mothers and their families by providing resources, community and education.
WE ARE MOTHERFUL
A Mom-Profit Organization
OUR FOUNDING STORY
Founded in 2018 by three single mothers, Motherful (Mothers In Arms) seeks to bridge the gaps experienced by single mothers and their children in Columbus, Ohio. The co-founders recognized the great need for the fellowship and community of other single mothers in their own lives. They also recognized that often the resources and support that they needed as single mothers were hard to come by and not available in one place or location. Motherful was born from a desire to create an organization that would provide a respite of community for single mothers and their children where they would be understood and supported both emotionally and physically.
Motherful supports, empowers, and nurtures single mothers and their families in Columbus, Ohio by providing resources, community, education, arts, and wellness.
Our vision is to create a Motherful world in which all mothers and their children are valued, nurtured, supported, and cared for, and where single mothers never again feel alone, abandoned, cast aside, stigmatized or marginalized systemically or personally. We seek to build a safe, intentional community where single mothers joyfully and peacefully work together,, uplift each other, and share an abundance of resources in a collaborative, equitable collective.
CORE VALUES STATEMENT
- We believe all single mothers are sacred and worthy of support.
- We believe in valuing the work of mothers.
- We believe in an inclusive, representative democracy, which includes:
- Acknowledging the damages inflicted on Black Americans through enslavement and post-emancipation exclusionary policies
- Acknowledging the damages inflicted on Indigenous people through colonialism
- Protecting and upholding voting rights
- Championing and fighting for Civil rights
- Support for reparations
We believe in equitable economic prosperity for all, which includes:
- Paid family leave
- Equal pay for women and femmes, particularly women of color
- Acknowledging and addressing racial inequity
- Access to affordable housing and childcare
- Food security
- Workforce policies & labor force equity
We believe in humanitarian crisis support, which includes
- Supporting immigrant & refugee neighbors
- Volunteering for local humanitarian aid requests
We believe in safe communities and healthy relationships, which includes:
- Stronger common sense gun laws
- Support for survivors of domestic & gun violence
- Support for survivors of sexual assault and abuse
We believe in upholding disability rights, which includes:
- Equitable transportation
- Equal opportunity to employment and education
- Access to affordable health care
- Workforce development
We believe in a thriving and sustainable environment, which includes:
- Clean air, water, and parks
- Access to outdoor community spaces
- Homes free of toxins and poisonous chemicals
- Access to affordable and sustainable energy sources